While recording the difficulties, it’s sometimes good to remember the positive times. Today was such a day and these were the things that made it so.
1. The sun shone all day and that made L smile and seem really happy
2. Today at breakfast, she had second helpings
3. She went swimming and we are going to go together every week. I know exercise could make things worse, but she appeared to find genuine joy in doing something she loved as a child.
4. We found the Holy Grail of ice cream in the shop – and L said we should buy it and she would have some.
5. Tonight we will watch the sun go down on the beach and I know how much she will love that we did it together.
Next week, L has her first appointment with the service that will help her. I know we have a long road ahead and it will take time, but today it felt as there was so much to embrace and cherish about our lives.